Urgent Repairs

An urgent repair usually means an essential service that cannot be used or where there is danger to the safety, security, hygiene or health of you or your family members. We recognise that emergency repairs can be quite distressing and will attend to them immediately. We generally have 24 hours in which to have the work completed.

Urgent repairs are specifically defined under the Residential Tenancies Act as:

-a burst hot water service

-a blocked or broken toilet

-a serious roof leak

-a gas leak

-a dangerous electrical fault

-flooding or serious flood damage

-serious storm or fire damage

-a failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided for water, hot water, cooking, heating or doing laundry

-a failure or breakdown in any appliance or fitting supplied by the landlord that will result in a substantial amount of water being wasted

-a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply

-a serious fault in a lift or staircase

-any fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or not secure

In the event of an emergency repair being required, during business hours you should contact our office immediately upon discovery of the repair on (03) 5282 1999.

In the event of an after-hours emergency, you should contact Craig Burns 0413 717 173, Jennifer Burns 0417 477 211 or Brad Archer on 0402 443 387. 

We are an independently owned and operated business. We are bound by the National Privacy Principals. We may be collecting personal information about you by various methods throughout the tenancy to enable us to manage and maintain the premises as per the Residential Tenancies Act. We may disclose personal information about you to the owner of the property and to contractors (approved and authorised by Burns Archer Realty) in the course of our day to day duties. You have the right to access personal information that we hold about you by contacting our privacy officer. Our privacy policy can be view at (http//www.burnsarcher.com.au/go/footer/privacy) or please contact our privacy officer/s as listed in our privacy policy and we will email or forward you a copy.

For more information about the Victorian Residential Tenancy Act, please refer to Consumer Affairs Victoria; (http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/housing-and-accommodation/renting/during-a-lease-or-residency/repairs-maintenance-and-changes-to-the-property)